Sunday, April 19, 2020

Some stuff

Hey everyone! It's been great to bump into a few of you this past week. I know that really got my vibes up, so I keep challenging you to reach out to your friends and teammates and especially anyone who pops into your head as someone that could use a pick-me-up and send a text or something and just say hi.
As our season has come to a conclusion, we've been highlighting our amazing seniors. Last week we looked at our Field events (so go back and read about them if you haven't). This week, we'll look at our Sprint Events. My biggest worry is that somehow I forget someone. So if I do, please reach out and remind me.
A couple updates on things:
- Those of you who ordered spirit pack stuff, I heard from our supplier and there are some back ups on the gear because of work shutdowns. So hopefully things will be coming in soon. We'll keep you informed.
- If you have any track equipment, it's important that you get it back. Shoot me a message if you need to get into the dungeon to drop anything off.
- Get your school stuff going. It's been a pretty tough week and sometimes we shrug off things. But it's important to keep up on assignments.
- Those doing XC next year, there is some important info up on the XC blog. Check it out and spread the word to those who might want to be a part of our team.
- And finally, just another plug to keep getting out and having an active lifestyle. The thought might be out there of, "why train if there isn't anything to train for?" First, because it is healthy both physically and emotionally to have regular workouts (and we need that right now more than ever). And secondly, hopefully there is something you love about working out. Reconnecting with that something (that reason why) without the pressure of competition is also great for you right now.

Last... a thought for today -
"Observation: People who achieve big and audacious goals are rarely obsessed with achieving big and audacious goals.
They are focused on the path, on the process. They weather ups and downs. They take small and consistent steps, know big gains come as a byproduct of that."
-Brad Stulberg

As the reality of the lack of a season has set in for me, thoughts like this have been very helpful to me. Of course, we had big team goals and many big individual goals as well. And I was very confident that we were going to reach them. And when the season was ended, it felt as if the team and so many of you had those opportunities taken from you. And I still have some sadness about that. But realizing that down the road, the hard work and dedication that made those goals a real possibility will still be with you has lifted me up a bit. Knowing that each and every one of you put yourselves and our team into a position to do amazing things through your dedication and commitment to consistent and focused work helps me realize that each and all of you are going to be able to move on from these disappointments and be great people because of the lessons learned on the path to becoming great really helps me feel good about life.
Miss you all and encourage all of you to keep working hard at difficult things.

No comments:

Post a Comment